Posted by: conservativecritic | October 26, 2012

Panetta joins Obama in the Libya coverup with more lies…kick them all out!!

An urgent request from the CIA for military back-up during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya and another assault hours later was denied by U.S. officials. These same officials also told CIA officers twice to “stand down” rather than help the Americans when shots were heard that night in Benghazi.

Fox News reports that sources on the ground said that former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team at a CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Christopher Stevens and his team came under attack.

Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack.

When Woods and others heard the shots fired about 9:40 p.m., Fox reports, they notified their supervisors at the annex of what they heard and requested permission to head to the consulate to help.

But the supervisors told them to “stand down,” sources familiar with the exchange told Fox. Moments later, they were, again, told “stand down.”

Woods and at least two others, however, ignored the orders and moved toward the consulate, which by then was engulfed in flames, Fox reports.

Shots were exchanged — and the rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate, including Sean Smith, the U.S. Foreign Service Information Management Officer who had been killed in the initial attack.

The rescue team could not find Stevens, returning to the CIA annex at about midnight, Fox reports.

At that point, the CIA team called again for military support and help, because now shots were being fired where they were at the annex. The request was denied, Fox reports.

There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound, Fox reports. They were in continuous radio contact between the team and headquarters, with at least one member of the CIA team on the roof of the annex with a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound.

The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up from a Spectre gunship, Fox reports. The gunship is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to support Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights.

The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours, which provided enough time for planes based in Sigonella Air base, about 480 miles away, to arrive.

Two separate Tier One Special operations forces also were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators, Fox reports.

This chain of events apparently counters remarks from Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Thursday, who told reporters at the Pentagon that U.S. officials lacked a clear picture of what was occurring on the ground in Benghazi to send help.

“There’s a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here,” Panetta said on Thursday. “But the basic principle here . . . is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on.”

U.S. officials have said that there was a period of several hours when the fighting stopped before the mortars were fired at the annex, leading officials to believe the attack was over.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: